Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken.— Oscar Wilde.
Spoiler alert, Lauren Edwards is a pseudonym. I debated long and hard over the wisdom of not only choosing to write under a pen name, but also sharing it with my readers. At the end of the day, though, my conclusion was that you deserve to know a few key truths…just not my real name 😉
Why do this?
- Because history has shown that readers can end up feeling betrayed when they learn that an author they have come to know is not who they believed (sometimes drastically so).
- Because I just want you to know.
My decision to utilize a nom de plume is purely professional. One, I have a day job that may or may not take kindly to my subject matter. I choose not to speculate and in that, also choose not to take a risk. Two, I was advised that it might behoove me to separate my contemporary romances from my other works. Side note, I also kind of love my pseudonym.
Now for the truths:
- I identify as a hetero cis woman (for now at least)
- Every story I write has a little bit of myself and my life in it
- I am pretty in love with all of my characters (and my cover artist)
- If you want to get to know me better, just ask
- Fun fact: I live in Texas, but was not born here
On a personal note, I would be tickled pink if any one was able to deduce what other name I write under. As a courtesy, though, if you do figure it out, please private message for well-earned pats on the back.
This blog is really to serve as a landing page for book information, including releases, as well as a place to share wonderful insights found elsewhere on the interwebs. I believe in love in all its various forms. Readers can rest assured that all of my works have a guaranteed HEA (Happily Ever After) for the main characters–side characters will get theirs, don’t you fret. Almost all of them also include some pretty heavy subject matter including psychological struggles and physical abuse as well as explicit content. If that doesn’t sound like your speed, that’s fine, but I promise the sappy is soo worth it.
In addition, I love getting feedback. If you have an idea you’d love to read a story about, or have a favorite author you think I should check out, by all means send it on. Also, if you have commentary about the books themselves or would love to see certain content appear here, again, feel free to share. There’s a button for that around here somewhere.
Until we meet again,